September 25, 2007

Pasta e Fagioli



I made this Monday night and invited some friends over for dinner. Yum-O! I went to The Olive Garden and picked up salad, breadsticks and alfredo sauce to complete the meal. DELISH!!!!


1 lb. ground beef, turkey or italian sausage (I used ground beef)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 carrots, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1-15 oz. can kidney beans
1-15 oz. can white beans
1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups V-8 juice
1 T. vinegar
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. oregano
1 t. basil
1 1/2 t. thyme (or just replace all 3 of these with 3 t. italian seasoning)
1/2 lb. ditalini pasta

Brown meat in large stock pot. Add all fresh veggies and saute for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for pasta. Simmer for 1 hour (or however long you have until dinnertime!). Meanwhile, cook pasta, drain and toss with olive oil. Put soup and pasta together in bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese.

Kristen (picture courtesy of Once upon a dinner time - where I found the recipe)

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I tried this on Monday. It was THE BEST soup ever. That's what I always get at Olive Garden, and it is very close in taste. My kids even loved it! Do you mind if I add it to my recipe blog? I made homemade alfredo and homemade breadsticks. My 3 year old kept saying, "This is the BEST dinner ever, Mom!" Thanks so much for posting it!

The Courtney Family said...

Mmmmmm....this was really yummy. Even my kids liked it! I will be adding this to my menu plan book.

John and Kristen said...

Go for it Brandi! Hey, do you own a labradoodle?